Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A Running Crocodile....




...animated on pencil some years ago. As animators we hardly ever get to keep many copies or originals of our work. I found these 15 drawings of a run cycle in a stack of drawings a few weeks ago to show to some cgi colleagues as a reference of a cartoony run . Not sure, but I got the feeling single drawings make little to no sense to most digital animators. And flipping a run cycle is pretty much impossible (So I finally scanned them in today).  I animated the crocodile in preproduction for a never realized project (too many of them). We had long discussions back then if we could use the rough pencil line and go right to colour from there. That is why I kept the rough pencils fairly clean and the lines almost closed.  We never got around to color this one....But since it only has 15 drawings....I might.....